We're a Transition Towns group based in the Metro DC area that wishes to support all efforts to build sustainable communities, but has a special focus on food issues. We also run D.C.'s local currency, the Potomac.
View or add to the D.C. Foodshed Map
Do you want to...
- Learn more about our food forest project?
- Get materials from previous workshops?
- Find out what we've already accomplished? -
- Find other people with similar specific interests?
- See other related events in the local area?
Rapid changes are taking place. Whether or not we accept peak oil, global warming, and climate change, increasing gas and food prices are an undeniable reality. Economic decline, financial meltdown, and the housing crisis have come together in a perfect storm that challenges us to make better choices. Responses range from survivalist homesteaders, earthship bioneers, and ecovillages to Transition towns and eco-cities. Ecolocity welcomes all of these approaches and hopes to weave them into a vision for the DC Metro area.
Read more about our philosophy and background....