Time: April 6, 2010 from 7pm to 9pm
Location: Emergence Community Arts Collective
Street: 733 Euclid Street NW
City/Town: Washington DC
Website or Map: http://www.ecacollective.org
Phone: 202 462 2285
Event Type: weekly_meeting, discussion
Organized By: Ecolocitizen
Latest Activity: Apr 2, 2013
Hands-on meeting sorting, preparing seeds for spring planting.
Here is the tentative agenda:
1. Due to the emphasis in this meeting on the garden, Gerri suggests we begin there for a quick "look-over" to talk generally about plants and placement. As Zachari needs to leave early, once back inside, we'lls proceed directly to discuss the Garden Design, planting timeline, and maintenance & other chores.
2. We have a few veggies seeds we can plant at the meeting for later transplanting. Sylvia has the little containers for this purpose and we can use garden soil for the planting. Gerri has some started at home as well.
3. Sylvia will discuss the interim use of the Bruce Monroe lot after the building is torn down. They are planning for a lot of green space which can be used for urban gardening but the OP needs guidance on how to set it up and what it should include. Please think about ideas for how to use a large green space and associated costs. Time is of the essence since they are trying to program it for the summer and they still have to do an RFP and get bids.
4. Discuss workshops we included in our Parks & Planning application: dates and who will lead?
April WORKSHOP: Companion Planting for Pest Control
June WORKSHOP: Harvesting (Is it Ready Yet?)
5. Gerri will give feedback on the recent Cohousing conference and the workshop relating to permaculture, land cooperatives and cohousing's role in sustainability.
5. Any other business and announcements.